Syed A. Hasan, MD. FACC, FSCAI
Syed A. Hasan, MD. FACC, FSCAI is a board certified interventional cardiologist who has been with Valley Cardiology since 2007. Dr. Hasan is a Chicagoland native and grew up in the western suburbs.
After attending the University of Illinois College of Medicine, he completed his internal medicine residency at Northwestern University in Chicago. He then did his general cardiology training at the University of Illinois at Chicago and his interventional cardiology training at the University of Rochester. Prior to joining our practice, Dr. Hasan was on faculty at the University of Rochester.
Dr. Hasan's clinical interests include all aspects of general and interventional cardiology. In particular, Dr. Hasan specializes in coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, and structural heart disease. He has a special interest in atrial septal defect (ASD) and patent foramen ovale (PFO) closure as well as other aspects of structural heart disease. He performs the VenaCure EVLT laser vein treatments in our Elgin office.
- Cardiac catheterization and coronary angiography
- Cardiac catheterization and angiography via radial access (wrist access)
- Peripheral arterial angiography and intervention
- Percutaneous closure of atrial septal defect (ASD) and patent foramen ovale (PFO)
- Carotid angiography and stenting
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)
- Endovenous laser treatment for varicose veins